Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/njsla.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/vc-shortcode-autoloader.php on line 64
Membership Privileges (a) Each Voting Member shall have one vote. A Member firm shall designate one individual to vote on its behalf at any meeting scheduled in accordance with Article IV. (b) The following categories of Member may serve as Directors and Executive Officers: (i) Wholesale Producer, and (ii) Underwriting Manager, and 2 (iii) Company. (c) Any Voting Member has the right to bring any idea, suggestion or problem before the Board of Directors or the General Membership. (d) Any Member may attend any meeting of the General Membership. (e) Any Member shall have available all of the facilities and resources of the Association. (f) Any Member shall have full use of the Association Logo. (g) Any Non-Voting Member may serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors in Accordance with Article V. (h) Any Non-Voting Member shall have the full support of the Association. (i) Any Non-Voting Member may offer ideas and suggestions that would be mutually beneficial, but may not propose same as motions before the Membership.
(By-Laws ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP Section 3. Membership Privileges)
Certificate of Effort
Nine Easy Steps For Completing the New Jersey Certificate of Effort
NINE Easy STEPS
- The 12 digit number known as the transaction number, or the affidavit number, is a unique number for each non admitted policy issued. The transaction number is formatted as follows: #####-##-##### The first five digits are the agency’s NJ Surplus Lines Number (issued to the agency by the DOBI), this number does not change. The next two numbers are the year in which the policy incepts. The last five digits are assigned by surplus lines agent and most often are just assigned sequentially.
- Enter the full Named Insured
- Enter the full Mailing Address
- Enter the full risk location address
- Enter the type of coverage afforded (i.e, commercial package, general liability, HO-3)
- Enter full name of licensed retail agency
- Enter full name of agent placing coverage (individual)
- Enter the three declining admitted carriers. Full carrier name, the full name of the company employee who declined, the carrier’s phone number, the date of each declination. Must also include the applicable code/reason for declination as outlined on the affidavit. If declination was received via web based portal the NJDOBI suggests attaching a copy of the declination to the affidavit to remain in compliance. Current regulation wording does not take into account web based declinations. This extra step will demonstrate appropriate due diligence in the declination process.
- Date and signed by the retail agent/originating producer.
Current New Jersey Certificate of Effort form
Complete list of exportable classes
It is the responsibility of the retail and wholesale agents to maintain copies of the properly completed and signed affidavits for no less than five years.
A complete and signed Certificate of Effort is required on all non admitted policies. If there are multi policies issued for an insured than multiple affidavits and multiple SLA #s are required.
The only exception to this rule would be those classes of business deemed to be Exportable. Exportable class items require no affidavit.